Now check out www.tonycakepop.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cake Pops for The Drake Hotel ... Easter Brunch

I was thrilled when The Drake Hotel decided that my cake pops were going to be an addition to their Easter Sunday Brunch desert buffet ... they asked me to make 250 of them! By far the largest order I've done. The Chef asked me to do 3 different pops ... chocolate, lemon and carrot cake. All with pastel tinted white chocolate coatings and lightly sprinkled. While I've made the carrot cake recipe before (thanks to David Oakes) ... I've never tried it with cake pops. It's an amazingly delicious recipe, it's a bit too moist for cake pops! They were a challenge to keep together when rolling them into balls ... many also didn't survive the dipping process. I was able to make enough to fill the order, but won't do those anytime soon.

Well, the reports from the chef's today were that my cake pops were a HUGE HIT! They were gobbled up in the first couple of hours ... and they should have ordered more. I WAS THRILLED!

And now ... onto the next event happening this Friday 4-29-2011 ... the Royal Wedding High Tea! They want me to do 400 lemon cake pops ... individually wrapped and tied with ribbon and a custom round tag that I designed that say Kate & William. This should be fun! I'm in for a couple of very busy days to get this done! But I'm still loving it!! Stay tuned!!  In the meantime, here are a few pics of the Easter Brunch order.

All Lined up like little soldiers!


Carrot Cake Pops

Lemon Cake Pops

Chocolate Cake Pops




Boxed up and ready to deliver

No comments:

Post a Comment